Welcome to the new family blog! I started to run out of 'free space' on Aiden's original website, so it was only a matter of time before a switch had to be made anyway. I'm not sure if I'll manage to send an email out each time I post an update, but please check back frequently. Now that we are in our new place and I haven't made any friends really, I'll be home and bored quite often. :) So...I hope you at least enjoy my boredom. :) You can expect updates from both of us..so don't worry. :)
Alrighty...onto the lengthy update. I'll take charge of this one as Aiden is snoozing on the couch (it's a tough life, what can I say?). From the beginning...We were scheduled to leave TN at the end of September. We were really losing hope on the likelihood that our house would sell prior to us moving and started getting really anxious about having to pay rent AND mortgage. We had several open houses of which ONE couple showed up between all of them. So that really put a damper on our hope! Then, about a week prior to departure, we got a buyer! Everything happened really, really fast. We aren't making a whole lot of money on the house, but we aren't losing any either. For only living there for 2 years I guess we can't really complain! There were some minor repairs and a termite treatment that had to be done, but that's about it. Minus the termite stuff, Ben was able to do everything himself. Thanks babe! Now as long as everything stays put, we should close on 10/31 and we no longer have a house.
The packers and movers came in like rapid fire and got all (and I mean ALL) of our crap out of the house (they packed my freakin' toilet brush!). The day we left we drove from TN to NC and stayed with the Buzeks overnight. It was more of a realistic and comfortable one-day drive than straight here to VA. Plus, we got a night in with Grammy Buzek and Grandma Winlow! The next day we drove up to VA and got into our new apartment. Then, the very next day, we got all of our stuff delivered. Everything happened so smoothly...it's almost scary! So far we're only missing a bedroom pillow...so if that's the worst of it, we'll take it!
It's pretty surreal realizing just how much STUFF you have when going from a 3 bedroom house with a 2 car garage and full sized attic to a 2 bedroom apartment with virtually no storage space. It's an amazing apartment and we really love it, but it's definitely on the tight side for storage. Ben did a good job getting us this place, though. (It helped that they were offering 2 months of rent free!) We ended up with a storage unit about 10 minutes away for our extra crap and his bike. In the end, we're spending a little more than I think we had hoped...but there really weren't any other options! Three weeks later we're still struggling trying to find places to put things. About a week after we got here Ben started work and is already back into the swing of things. We're all really loving it here! It's comforting to know family/help is not far if needed. We can get to both NJ & NC in a reasonable amount of time if need be and when we want to. Yay Virginia!
Aiden did phenomenal throughout everything. The only days he had a really hard time were when the movers came to the house and when they delivered to the apartment. The doors were left open and he didn't give a second thought to taking off out the door at any opportunity...so he was kept 'contained', much to his dismay. It took a few days for him to really feel secure in the new place, too. He would get upset if he couldn't see one of us...but once all of our stuff was set up and this place felt more like home..he was better. His room here is HUGE compared to his room at the house. Good thing, too, because he got a ridiculous amount of toys for his birthday...at least they all fit in there now!
Well..he just woke up and is kinda grumpy...so I'm off. I'll have him update you on his life a little later! Much love!
4 comments:
yay for a new blog! I miss you too.
Aimee's nerdy brother here:
If you're looking for a way to be notified when Aimee (or any other blogs/news sites you read) have updated, you might want to look into a news or "RSS" reader.
Here's a short 4 minute video that can help you get started:
http://www.commoncraft.com/rss_plain_english
Nice bloggin Aimee. Have you reserved an email address for Aiden?
hi sweets ... I LOVE your new blog ... and thanks for following ours :o) hehe. isn't blogging fun??? hehe.
and, just a side note, in blogger you can actually set up email alerts every time you post so that it automatically gets emailed to whoever you want! you can put all your family's email addresses in there.
This is how you do it: from your "Dashboard" click "SETTINGS". Then click the "EMAIL" tab. You can enter up to 10 email addresses of people you want notified every time you post :o) Pretty cool stuff!
I can't wait for the next posting. LOVE YOU WOMAN!!! Kisses and hugs to the boys *MUAH*
Post a Comment