Well hello friends & family! It has been ENTIRELY too long since my last post. I kept starting one, but would get distracted. Aiden sure keeps me busy. Now that it's warm out, we've been trying to spend as much time as possible outside! I finally put the slide that we..uh...I mean Santa got him for Christmas out on the back porch. I decided to do this so if it was super hot, he could still be outside but in the shade and the slide wouldn't be obscenely hot. I've figured out that we need to hit up the complex slides FIRST thing in the morning if we want to get some time on them in. Otherwise, after sitting in the sun, they are entirely too hot! We've had some really warm days but that doesn't stop us from getting outside!!
Aiden has seemingly gone from "baby" to "little boy" over night. I could be sad, but I'm really enjoying him and all of his new discoveries! He no longer wants to hold my hand on walks :(, he'd much rather help me hold the dogs' leashes. He plays in the dirt, looks at bugs, squishes worms on the sidewalk, eats weird food combinations, etc. He certainly knows what he wants and when he wants it, and doesn't let me try to distract him anymore. :) His language is exploding and he often surprises me with a new word I didn't know he knew. One of the most recent moments was when he was playing with a new puzzle his MiMi bought him. It has a bunch of different animals and their sounds..and he could suddenly identify all of the animals when asked. Check it out!
I'm pretty sure his excitement with knowing where they all are is the best part. :) He's such a smart cookie. I don't want to toot any horns here, but a lot of people always compliment his personality, how much older he seems than he really is, how 'big' he is, etc. It's just nice to know it's not just me that thinks that sometimes. :) He's such a great, great kid!
Onto other news. Some of you may have heard that we are in the process of buying a house- yay!!! I really, really miss having my own place where I don't have to step in other inconsiderate people's doggy doo! :) The house is in Gloucester, VA...which is more rural and "country" than Williamsburg...and about half as expensive to live! Williamsburg is great- there's a lot to do, lots to see, a lot of neat people to encounter. But it's just so expensive. You get a lot more for your money in Gloucester, the schools are great, and it's a real neat town with lots of community based activities. We are SO looking forward to having a place of our own again and finally getting settled into our new lives here in Virginia. I think up until this point, we've still felt like we were in transition since moving here about 7-8 months ago. Several of Ben's coworkers live in or near our subdivision, so I will have a lot of support/people to help me out if/when Ben is away. We are set to close at the end of May and I should probably start packing. :) Click the link here for some pictures!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=69357&id=688629603&l=3c086ba1fe
Some more random pictures http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=72844&id=688629603&l=46c432e7d5
I think that's about it for now. I'll try to be better about updating!
Smooches!
No comments:
Post a Comment