Monday, December 8, 2008

Why this kid has me wrapped around his finger!!!

I don't think I need to make it known that I love my son..and dearly at that.  I really don't remember what life was like before him (minus the restful nights hehe) and wouldn't trade him for anything.  Granted we have our moments, but every day he does something sweet, surprising or just damn cute to melt my heart and redeem himself.  The most recent story has to do with my monkey and a baby gorilla.

We were in the car yesterday, running a bunch of errands and trying to knock out some Christmas shopping.  After a trip into Hallmark I strapped him in the car seat, handed him a book and moved onward to Target.  I heard him babbling in the backseat and saying "dih dih dih dih dih", which is what he does to "tickle tickle tickle" himself or me.  (That, too, is adorable!)  So I look back and don't really think anything of it...but wondered what he's tickling. Then it dawned on me.  The book he was holding was "Baby Animals", with different textures and stuff the baby can feel.  Well, the very last page has a baby gorilla with the caption that reads "Tickle the furry baby gorilla".  When we read this book together we always make a big deal out of it and he giggles as we tickle the baby gorilla...and that's just what he was doing! "Dih dih dih" the baby gorilla!  

Somehow, he remembered that tickling corresponds with the baby gorilla in his book!  The book has been in the car for over two weeks now...we haven't read it at all in awhile! It just amazes me that he remembered to "Tickle the furry baby gorilla" and did just that!

I love my smart little boy!

No comments:

Followers